Creating social impact with digital media
How to make media with purpose
About this session
How can digital media contribute to the common good?
In this session hear from Brad who, together with his team at 371 Productions, is working internationally to answer this question.
Case studies ranging from public broadcast services, virtual reality and partnerships will be shared to demonstrate how communities across the US are benefitting. These range from nursing homes to people affected by the closure of GM plants. Hear how the Chicago Police Department are using virtual reality to build empathy and reduce bias.
And you’ll be given insight to their latest project – a virtual reality experience with the US Holocaust Memorial Museum that immerses visitors in the story of a group of Jews in The Warsaw Ghetto. These brave individuals documented their experiences so future generations would not forget.
- People with a responsibility for creating digital media
- Those who work with partner organisations who use digital media
- How to build partnerships
- How to take a human-centred design approach to making media
- How to balance artistic integrity with social impact intention