Lights. Camera Phone. Action!: Engaging supporters & raising more money with smartphone video – and how to make your own!
Watch the session:
Want more changemaking inspiration?
About The Session
By 2020 around 80% of shareable online content will be video. Is your organisation ready? Thanks to today’s smartphone technology it isn’t just the digital pros who can capture quality content, and it’s definitely not expensive to keep up with these rapidly (and daunting!) changing consumer habits.
This session will explore the top video touch-points, where to use within your fundraising for the biggest impact, and how to film & edit your self-shot movies so supporters will stop scrolling to watch them – you’ll even record your own and we’ll live edit on the day! From a “non-digital” fundraiser turned #SocialCEOs Rising Star from one of the UK’s largest charities, you’ll learn how video revolutionised supporter engagement at the British Heart Foundation and turned fundraisers into filmmakers with minimal effort; and how you can do it too.
- Fundraisers who have regular contact with supporters
- Fundraisers responsible for online marketing of charities
- Relationship fundraisers working in their communities
- Senior management staff responsible for encouraging and instigating innovation within their organisations
- Where to use self-shot film for big impact; looking at real examples of charity video
- How to record and edit self-shot film, including demo
- How to get started with creating self-shot film to put it into action as soon as you’re back in the office.