Businesses have a critical role to play in solving some of our biggest challenges today, and the rapid rise in corporate social responsibility (CSR) and corporate shared value (CSV) indicates that companies are eager for greater impact.
External pressure, shifting trends, and more vocal consumers are also pushing for change across all industries. And yet, US corporate philanthropy has continued to decline dramatically from 2.1% of pre-tax profits in 1986 to just 0.8% in 2012, even while the economy has grown substantially.
Companies complain that their biggest turnoff is when a non-profit approaches a company like an ATM and starts every conversation by asking for money. This has led more companies to adopt their own in-house social good strategies that bypass any type of non-profit involvement.
Every company has unique value and a unique impact to offer and it doesn’t have to start with dollar signs. By stepping into the shoes of the corporate sector, you can unlock win-win corporate partnership opportunities for your non-profit that fuel your mission. Using case studies, examples and other tools, together we will:
- Explore the corporate mindset.
- Discover your unique corporate value proposition.
- Develop actionable strategies to tap company resources.
Ideally suited for those with limited to moderate experience with the private sector seeking to understand the corporate perspective and how to engage companies beyond fundraising focused activities. Those with more corporate experience will benefit from new perspectives and strategies for how to develop longer term and more impactful corporate relationships.
- Learn tools to get started today
- Uncover value in every company contact
- Turn company needs into opportunities for impact
- Overcome ever-changing corporate priorities
- Invite companies to engage in a way they will thank you
- Stand out in a crowded and time-poor environment