Creating awareness, enhancing community engagement, and harnessing financial support
About this session
Fundraising strategies have expanded over the past decade, reaching beyond traditional proposal writing and door-to-door or workplace solicitation. Currently, fundraising at grassroots level involves extensive use of digital platforms to create awareness, enhance community engagement, and even to harness financial support.
This workshop will focus on sharing experiences of how digital platforms have enhanced the financial sustainability and improved the credibility of grassroots groups in three communities in Kenya. First, you’ll get an introduction to how fundraising knowledge is currently spreading to community changemakers. Then, three grassroots community representatives will share their firsthand digital fundraising experiences with you, introducing the digital platforms they have developed themselves, and those they have used to boost their fundraising efforts.
- Institutional Funders (local and international)
- Community-led organisations
- Capacity building institutions and individuals
- Digital service providers
- Corporate institutions
- The key role of capacity-building in local resource mobilisation, particularly in low and middle-income countries
- Identify emerging opportunities in fundraising and best practices from a fundraising context that may be lesser-known
- Identify opportunities for synergy among funders, community groups, and digital platform developers to implement sustainable digital resource mobilisation