The power of 8 million people to Save the Arctic: How a non-profit can work with a People Power mindset to create a global movement, defeat big oil corporations and generate more than 100.000 monthly donors
Dates and times: 10 Aug, 12:00 BST (13:00 CEST, 07:00 EDT) / 21 Aug, 17:00 GMT (18:00 CEST, 12:00 EDT) / 31 Aug, 22:00 BST (23:00 CEST, 17:00 EDT)
You must be a MEMBER of the Global Community to access this session
About This Session
Information technology tools have transformed the way societies communicate and organise. At the same time, the role of social organisations is changing dramatically and citizens have adopted new ways to find solutions to social, environmental, political problems.
In this session we will analyse the transformations that are taking place, their positive and negative impacts, and how we can prepare our organisations (whatever their size) to enhance transformative power and achieve our organisational objectives.
We will analyse and work together to create the best communication, engagement, and fundraising plans to carry out successful people power strategies. We will also study which are the most appropriate tools for each case.
And we’ll share successful cases from all over the world (Save the Children, Change.org, etc). Then we will go deep into Greenpeace’s “Save the Arctic” campaign – the most successful in terms of public mobilisation in the history of the environmental organisation.
This session is aimed at:
Anyone interested in:
- How to integrate People Power strategies into your NGO
- Why People Power is the new fuel of social change
- How to work with the power of your audience
What you will learn
- Understand which NGOs are working with People Power around the globe
- Clear pathways to implement People Power Strategies in your NGO
- How to integrate your engagement and fundraising plans, taking into account a People Power mindset