Have you been asked to set up a major donor program, or is your organization considering working in this area? Are you already working in this area, but finding it an uphill battle? Major donor fundraising is an area of fundraising that sounds easy but in practice is little understood. Very often what organisations put in and what they expect to gain are radically out of alignment.
This masterclass aims to demystify major donor fundraising and step you through what it takes to build a successful program. The session will cover internal and external factors for success, tools to help you plan, research and organise your work, and the conversations you’ll need to have to bring others along with you – starting with internal influencing and discussions around expectations, and ending with your conversations with donors. Taking you through the basics and beyond, this class will offer a look at the strategic thinking behind successful major donor programmes.
- Determine if your organisation is ready for a major gift programme
- Understand the difference between what you need and what your donor needs
- Working with influencers – how to encourage board, senior leadership and volunteers to work with you to grow your programme
- Prospect identification: Are you talking to the right people?
- Telling your story: using a case for support
- Unpacking events: What kind of events should you be using to further your major donor fundraising?
Who should attend: CEOs, fundraising directors, major donor fundraisers, board members etc.