Developing new business models and income generation streams
How to systematically create viable new approaches for your fundraising
About this Masterclass
In this high-level masterclass, we will look at several frameworks through which NGOs and INGOs can develop new business models, build income generation options, and explore the potential for radical fundraising products.
You will have the opportunity to use two of the most sophisticated frameworks available to explore new approaches to fundraising and engagement. Both are robust contemporary commercial models, which have been adapted to help NGOs and INGOs.
The Red Ocean Blue Ocean framework allows agencies, such as UNHCR, UNICEF and MSF France, to create approaches and offerings to engage new supporters – rather than simply compete.
This framework is then complemented with the Business Model Canvas – a framework that provides a process for developing integrated business models to ensure that they are financially viable and have a functional Value Proposition at their heart.
Implementing this model will help you to plot how your organisation works in terms of fundraising and service delivery. It has been successfully used by Médecins Sans Frontières, British Red Cross, Smile Train and the Royal Society of Medicine (UK).
- Senior leaders in domestic or international NGOs with responsibility for fundraising and income generation.
- Experienced managers who are seeking a challenging session.
- Understand the key principles behind a business model.
- Appreciate and understand how the two models work together.
- Gain confidence in developing new ideas using the models and testing them.
- The ability to design and deliver fundraising models with real world applications.