Fundraising with digital movements: The antidote to GDPR & how to build a supporter-first movement online and mobilise it to fund your cause.
Watch the session:
Want more changemaking inspiration?
About The Session
From Bernie Sanders to Greenpeace, organisations are raising tens of millions – and winning campaigns – through building online movements. It’s proved a highly effective model for a post-GDPR world where our supporters live their lives online and increasingly group themselves around their values and beliefs. But how can your organisation do it? Where do you start and what are the challenges?
In this session, Alex Lloyd Hunter will give you the building blocks you need to start building and fundraising with a digital movement. He’ll discuss examples of who’s doing it well already, talk you through the strategies and tactics you need to succeed, and explain why you don’t need to be doing advocacy to build a movement online.
The session will also cover:
- How organisations need to change their mindset to be effective at movement building
- Why a movement building model is the solution for post-GDPR digital fundraising, and how it can fill the gaps left by telemarketing
- How movement building breaks down the silos between campaigns and fundraising
- Why email is still king, how to build your email list and keep your supporters engaged long-term
- How to do email fundraising well.
- Fundraising Directors
- Marketing/Digital Marketing Directors
- Digital Fundraisers/Digital Marketers.
- Examples of organisations doing movement building and digital fundraising well
- An understanding of why movement building works well for fundraising in a post-GPDR world
- An overview of the core components of effective digital movement building
- Strategies and tactics for how to start building and fundraising with a digital movement
- How to grow your email list
- How to do email fundraising and long-term engagement well.