Blue Ocean Strategy to reimagine fundraising
Red Ocean, Blue Ocean: Are you swimming with the sharks or the dolphins?
Blue Ocean Strategy is a radical approach to strategy originally outlined in a book written by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne, professors at INSEAD, the leading European business school. Since then =mc consulting has worked with charities as diverse at Doctors without Borders USA, UNHCR, Oxford University, and Edinburgh Zoo to adopt and adapt the model for their work.
In this session, you will learn that fundraisers face two key choices: creating new supporter demand in an uncontested market space (Blue Ocean) or competing head-to-head with other organisations for established supporters in an existing setting (Red Ocean). Each approach requires different competencies, but only Blue Ocean can offer high returns. The workshop will explore why emerging from the pandemic offers an opportunity to reimagine your fundraising.
The interactive session will cover:
- The difference between Red Ocean & Blue Ocean
- Which strategy you should adopt to succeed and why
- Case studies of success and failure in fundraising
- How to apply the Blue Ocean model to your work in fundraising and beyond
- The 16 key Blue Ocean tools and how to use them