We’ll identify some common barriers to effective fundraising strategy, how to tame them and use them to shape strategy that will support and enable creative fundraising.
The world feels like it’s turned upside down in the last couple of years. If we’re going to evolve fundraising we’re going to have to break with the past, challenge assumptions and get rid of some comfortable thinking, models and even language. It’s going to be hard to let go.
But it’s going to be worth it. Because we have the chance to build something better. Something smarter. Something sustainable. It’s time to renew our fundraising model and culture.
Come and share challenges, reconsider approaches, re-evaluate measures and look at the fundraising world upside down. You may be surprised by what you find.
• Challenges to commonly-held beliefs, practices, methods and measures that may be causing fundraising programmes to struggle
• Alternative approaches that can help to reconnect with our audiences and evolve fundraising
• Case studies of these approaches in action plus opportunities for participants to build and trial some of them in exercises
• Guidance on how to introduce new strategic thinking and challenge assumptions inside organisations
Who should attend
• Fundraisers operating in challenging markets
• People responsible for strategy, delivery and setting targets
Session style: A workshop format where we will ask the audience to contribute their own ‘fundraising barriers – what assumptions do they have to counter, do they work to the right measures, is their fundraising delivery driven by strategy? At the start of the session we’ll ask audience members to write down the one thing they wish they could solve, then at the end of the session look at whether that has changed and why