Global virtual summit launched to support the charity sector’s response to Covid-19
- The summit is supported by charity sector conference and training organisations around the world, made possible by Salesforce and hosted on Fundraising Everywhere
- Conference live streamed on April 2nd between 12pm – 6pm BST / 7am – 1pm EST
- Two virtual conference tracks on charity and fundraising response, plus additional resource library to support skills and well-being
- Other charity conferences supporting the project by providing individual content
- Free for everyone and available globally
The Resource Alliance is delighted to be part of a consortium, working together to respond to the situation faced by the charity sector as a result of COVID-19.
With growing concerns from charities about how to respond in this time of crisis, the virtual conference has been curated to help connect charities and fundraisers, enabling shared learning to support a response with confidence and clarity.
Each session has been hand-selected and curated with COVID-19’s impact on the charity sector as its focus and will be presented online on April 2nd between 12pm – 6pm BST / 7am – 1pm EST.
Sessions are 45 minutes long including live Q&A with the speaker. Two tracks will run consecutively on Fundraising Everywhere’s website, fundraisingeverywhere.com, which attendees can interact and choose from throughout.
Attendance is free but attendees must register at fundraisingeverywhere.com/covid19.
Attendees can choose between the twelve live sessions on offer and will have access to all recorded content afterwards, plus a bonus video resource library, for as long as the pandemic impacts the sector.
Other charity sector partners including the Institute of Fundraising, Charity Comms, CharityDigital and Third Sector are supporting the project by using their speaker and charity connections to provide individual content.
The live stream will be subtitled in English for live viewers and available in other languages post-event.
Speakers and sessions
Planned sessions include:
- Setting up a response task force
- Working with your board during a crisis
- Diversifying quickly
- Creating digital campaigns
- Mobilising volunteers during a lockdown
- Becoming digital focussed
- Campaigning in a crisis
- Adapting strategic objectives during a crisis
- Changing plans with funders
- Engaging with HNWI during a crisis
- How to survive and thrive through and beyond COVID-19
- Turning cancelled events digital
Plus a bonus resource library on:
- Community fundraising during COVID-19
- Telephone fundraising
- Legacy fundraising asks during a pandemic
- Remote working
- Time management
- Engaging with the media
- Running virtual events on social media
- Supporter experience during COVID-19
- Making sure your COVID-19 response is inclusive
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Beth Kanter
- Charity So White
- Ian Mitlock (Charity Excellence Framework)
- Kishshana Palmer
- Ligia Pena (Greenpeace)
- Rebecca Davies (Save The Children)
- Sam Laprade
- Tereza Litza (Lightful)
- Wayne Murray (Audience)
There will also be live hosting from Fundraising Everywhere’s co-founders, Nikki Bell and Simon Scriver to engage with speakers and attendees. The virtual platform hosts a chat function where attendees can get involved with their own discussions and network with each other and speakers.